I decided to take a break from all this racing, time stressing stuff and participate in a quiz!
1. FUEL: Shot Bloks, GU, Energy Chews, Candy or Other?
I have always been a Shot Blok girl. Not anymore! I am officially making myself a lover of GU or any other gel I can get my hand on. Preferably something that won’t get to hard or cause me to choke!
2. Race Length: 5k, 10k, 1/2 Marathon, Marathon, Ultra or Other?
I have always been a fan of the 1/2. The training requires longerish runs without scheduling water stops or 3 hour time slots to train properly. But…… I have my sights set on another full! Redemption race anyone?
3. Workout Bottoms: Skirts, Running Shorts, Capris, Pants or Other?
Less is more. If I could run in shorts all the time that would be great…. Unfortunately not possible in northeast PA.
4. Sports Drink: Gatorade, Powerade, Cytomax, you stick to water when you run or Other?
Nuun all the way. Throw me some strawberry lemonade and I am all over that!
5. Running Temperatures: HEAT or COLD?
I don’t mind either as long as I am dressed appropriately. During the summer, I soak up all the heat and humidity I can get; the sweatier the better. But in the winter I will throw on what feels like 15 layer and enjoy it just as much.
6. Running Shoe Brands: Suacony, Mizuno, Nike, Brooks, Asics or Other?
Asics DS Trainers. For years now they have been my go-to sneaker. Weird though, I just read somewhere that the newest design of the laces is causing the heel to add pressure to the achilles and other people to have serious achilles pain because of it….and I am always always sore there after a long run. Could it be time for me to switch things up? Anyone else have this problem?
7. Pre-race meal: Oatmeal, Bagel, Banana, Eggs, Cereal or Other?
1/2 bagel or english muffin with peanut butter. And coffee.
Gotta get things movin’ if ya know what I mean
8. Rest Days: 1x per week, 2x or more per week, never ever ever or Other?
At least 1, but I am learning to listen to my body and go on how I feel.
9. Music: Have to have it or go without it?
Depends on my surroundings! If I am running in a heavily wooded area I love just enjoying my environment. If it is a busier area with more cars and people…always have music.
I never wear both ear pieces though. Only one at a time. Safety first.
10. #1 reason for running: stress-relief, endorphins, you love to race, so you can eat all the cupcakes you want, weight-loss, love running for social reasons or other?
Running makes me feel good. It helps me relieve any stress or anxiety I have. It makes me feel like I am accomplishing something. I just love to run and sweat…. doesn’t hurt that it also allows me to have a few more cupcakes than I should 😉
Tell me some of your running faves in the comments or link to your blog in the comments!